In this Episode of the FCPA Compliance Report, I am joined by fan fav James Koukios, partner at Morrison & Foerster and editor of the firm’s great monthly International Anti-Corruption Developments Newsletter. In this episode we look back to some of the key developments from the January and February newsletters.
- 2021 TI-CPI released. What value do you see in it? Do compliance professionals rely too greatly on it to determine an appropriate level of due diligence?
- Samir Khoury denied cert. How or why could an indictment go unsealed for 10 years?
- Daniel Comoretto pleads guilty. Follow on from Sargeant Marine FCPA enforcement action.
- KBR decision. What does it mean for the SFO?
- Samsung Industries resolves corruption matter thru Leniency Agreement.
- Paul Bond convicted on retrial.
- Spain extradited Alonso Ancira to Mexico. What if any is the significance to this action?
- Car Wash ends. How would you assess its overall impact on the global fight against bribery and corruption?
James Koukios on MoFo