In the Episode, I visit with James Koukios, partner at Morrison & Foerster, Editor-in-Chief of the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments. We visit about the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for December 2019.
Some of the highlights include:
- South Korea Passes Bill to Establish New Anti-Corruption Agency.
- Four of the top 6 FCPA enforcement actions of all-time are telecom companies? Why is telecom so susceptible to corruption?
- You were involved in one of the earliest telecom trials. Do you see much difference in the corruption from the Haitian Teleco cases and the much larger ones like Ericsson?
- What lessons do you seen in this enforcement action for the compliance professional?
- Will we see more teleco FCPA enforcement actions in 2020 or 2021?
- SNC-Lavalin resolves corruption charges in Canada.
To a copy of the Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for December 2019 Newsletter click here.