In the Episode, I visit with James Koukios, partner at Morrison & Foerster, Editor-in-Chief of the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments. We visit about the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for October 2020.
Some of the highlights include:
- A record setting year in FCPA enforcement.
- Beam Suntory-how did things go so sideways from SEC enforcement to DOJ enforcement.
- Transparency International Report on International anti-corruption enforcement.
- The continued debate over DOJ interpretation of agency theories. Do the 2 amici sited in the newsletter present any new arguments?
- China considering changes to anti-corruption laws. What does this mean for Western companies and does it pose an increased risk?
To a copy of the Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for October 2020 Newsletter click here.