In the Episode, I visit with Mike DeBernardis, Counsel and Hughes Hubbard. We take a look back at the FCPA world in Q3. It started off with a bang and never slowed down. Some of the highlights include:
- The quarter started off with a bang-Novartis US and never slowed down.
- How and why did Novartis US, First Energy in Ohio and Commonwealth Ed in Illinois change the discussion around domestic corruption?
- What were some of the key lessons from the Herbalife FCPA enforcement action? Why is it so important to obtain experienced White-Collar Counsel in a serious FCPA matter?
- What were top 3 takeaways from the release of the FCPA Resource Guide 2nd edition?
- Sargeant Marine was a rare criminal FCPA plea. What is the significance of the case?
- The Alexion SEC enforcement action in July was relatively small but had some interesting lessons. What were key takeaways from the case?
- Do you see continue aggressive FCPA enforcement by the DOJ/SEC?
- What are you telling clients about their compliance programs going into the next 12 months?