In this episode, I am joined by Mike Lindsey, a partner in the Los Angeles law firm of Steinbrecher and Span. Lindsay specializes in cyber risk issues. He joins me to discuss those legal issues around cyber security, e-commerce, internal communications and ephemeral messaging.
Some of the highlights include:
- The nature of Lindsey’s practice.
- Description of legal work on in the areas of (a) e-commerce structuring, (b)new media development and (c) co-branding, alliance and other marketing arrangements.
- How should a company put out e-learning information on near misses or actual ethical/policy/Code of Conduct violations and protections do they need to consider for the employee(s) involved?
- What are the key issues when responding to a data breach?
- What is data mapping and why should a company do so on a proactive basis?
- Recently the DOJ announced that Chief Compliance Officers should have access to all corp data? Does this raise in data privacy/data protection risks?
- How should a company try and capture ephemeral messaging?
LinkedIn page for Mike Lindsey
Steinbrecher and Span page for Mike Lindsey
Steinbrecher and Span homepage