12 O’Clock High, a podcast on business leadership brings together stories from history, the arts and movies, research and current events to consider leadership lessons. In this episode, Richard Lummis and Tom Fox are on a 10-part summer series on leadership lessons from biographies found in Plutarch’s Lives. Each week we will pair an ancient Greek and Roman to learn about their lives, the comparison and contrast between the two men and what leadership lessons with might draw from their lives. In today’s episode we look at the Greek Cleomenes and Giaus Graccus. Highlights include:
· Introduction of Plutarch’s Lives as historical work.
· Lives of Cleomenes and Giaus Graccus.
· Comparison in the lives of Cleomenes and Giaus Graccus.
· Land and Judicial reform in ancient Greece and Rome.
· The role of the Plebians.
· What leadership lessons can be drawn from the lives Cleomenes and Giaus Graccus.
Plutarch’s Lives by Bill Thayer