In this podcast series, I am joined by Mikhail Reider-Gordon, Managing Director of Institutional Ethics & Integrity at Affiliated Monitors. Mikhail’s areas of expertise include technology, privacy, cybersecurity, IP and accountability in artificial intelligence; the global anti-corruption and anti-money laundering regimes; media & entertainment; biotech and the life sciences; the public sector and international law. She is accustomed to working on extremely sensitive and high-profile matters, both nationally and internationally. In this episode, we consider the role of short-sellers in the Wirecard saga.
Some of the highlights include:
· Wrap up of the most current event in the Wirecard saga.
· What is a short-seller?
· Is it wrong or prohibited?
· Are short-sellers activists?
· History of short-sellers and Wirecard.
· What happened after so many short sellers warned of fraud by Wirecard.
· Was that the end of it?
· When were their suspicions vindicated?