Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode Matt and Tom go into the weeds to look at the recent FCPA enforcement action involving the Brazilian megalith, J&F Investments. Some of the issues we consider are:
- It was one of the most bold, audacious bribery schemes ever.
- Follow on from Brazil’s largest anti-corruption enforcement action, JBS.
- What happens when an acquirer of a US listed company is the corrupt entity?
- Is a target required to perform due diligence on the source of the money used in a M&A deal?
- Did Pilgrim’s Pride have any responsibility?
- Are there any US individuals involved?
- Is Pilgrim’s Pride a victim, entitled to compensation?
See Matt’s blog posts on Radical Compliance–JBS, Internal Controls and the FPCA
See Tom’s exploration the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog
Part 2-The Bribery Schemes
Part 3-The SEC Order
Part 4-The Plea Agreement