The All-Star Game has come and gone and the Astros are halfway back to returning the World Series trophy to Houston. As Tom and Jay look forward to the second half of the baseball season, they are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
1. GDPR week.
2. Why do FCPA resolutions take so long? Matthew Stephenson considers through the lens of the Walmart FCPA enforcement action.
3. What is suspension and debarment? Jay Rosen explains in Part 1 of a five-part series.
4. The FBI is actively investigating in Latin America. Matt Ellis reports.
5. What finance can learn about compliance from recent corporate scandals.
6. Deutsche Bank now under scrutiny for its role in 1 MDB scandal. Dylan Toklar continues to nail.
7. What is data maintenance and why is it so critical to compliance?
8. CCOs and D&O coverage. Julie DeMauro and Janaya Moscony.
9. Caremark is alive and well, at least when it comes to ice cream.
10. Have you checked in on Trekkng Through Compliance? If not sample of this week’s exploration of Star Trek-the Original Series and compliance. Check out the following: Monday-Metamorphosis; Tuesday-Journey to Babel; Wednesday-Friday’s Child; Thursday-The Deadly Years; and Friday-Obsession. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Networkand now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
11. Tom and Jonathan Marks are joining Sean Freidlin (back from his honeymoon) on a Hanzo webinar on Wednesday, July 17 at 2 PM EDT. We discuss compliance research, trend and key enforcement actions from Q2. The event is free. For more information and registration details, click here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.