In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox are back to discuss issues relating to data privacy, data protection and GDPR. In this episode the always difficult decision of whether to pay or not to pay a ransomware demand.
Some of the questions we consider include:
- How does a ransomware attack occur?
- What are the potential legal and commercial risks of paying ransoms?
- What about specific new laws to ban ransomware payments?
- What should you do if your organization is faced with a ransomware attack?
- What can you do to guard against a ransomware attack?
Check out the Cordery Compliance, client alert on this topic, click here. For more information on Cordery Compliance, go their website here. Also check out the GDPR Navigator, one of the top resources for GDPR Compliance by clicking here.