Jay and Tom are back to unpack some of the stories that caught their collective eye on the Monsterfest Month Returns edition.
1. WPP FCPA enforcement action. Tom with 5-part series on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog. Matt Kelly in Radical Compliance. Tom and Matt on Compliance into the Weeds. Mike Volkov has a 3-part series in Corruption Crime and Compliance.
2. Human rights litigation on the EU. Salomé Lemasson in the FCPA Blog.
3. BOD structure as key to compliance oversight. David Katz and Laura McIntosh in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance.
4. Bringing clarity to the chaotic world of the CCO. Chris Audet in CCI.
5. Another week, another Wells Fargo fraud related penalty. Jaclyn Jaeger in Compliance Week (sub req’d)
6. Dan Kahn returns to private practice. Dylan Tokar in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
7. Do ABC academics fail? Matthew Stephenson in GAB.
8. Conquering the last mile of delivery of your Code of Conduct. Harper Wells in CCI.
9. What is Ozy and what does it mean for compliance. Ben Smith in the NYT.
10. Who owns ESG? Matt Kelly explores on Radical Compliance.
Podcasts and Events
12. Compliance Week is going ‘Inside the Mind of the CCO’. Participate in the survey here.
13. Ethisphere’s World Most Ethical Company awards for 2022 are open for submission. For more information on the Application Process, click here.
14. Check out the latest addition to the Compliance Podcast Network, A Yank at Oxford. It details the journey of Foley & Lardner partner David Simon as he heads back to university to matriculate for a MBA at Oxford. Episode 1.
15. Are you exasperated? Then check, F*ing Argentina. In this podcast series co-hosts Tom Fox and Gregg Greenberg, author of F* Argentina explore the current American psyche of being overworked, over leveraged, overtired and overwhelmed. Find out about modern America’s exasperation with well…exasperation. In Episode 1, the dreaded Parent Meeting night at your child’s elementary school. In Episode 2, why F*ing Argentina? In Episode 3, one of the most beloved characters in musical theater, Officer Krupke is exasperated.
16. Tom and Compliance Week EIC Dave Lefort look back at September in CW and forward to October (and talk some sports) in this month’s edition of From the Editor’s Desk.
17. K2 Integrity’s Edoardo Fiora will present at, “ESG Getting Hitched to Business (and IP) Strategy—From Resilience Framework to Recovery Path,” on October 14th. Registration and Information here.
18. Join Jay, Tom and the top E&C professionals at Converge21, a virtual conference on October 12 & 13. Registration and information here. Why should you attend? Check out some of the panelists discuss their presentation on the Converge21 podcasts. Michael Randrup Wendy Badger, Lloydette Bai-Marrow, Tom and Philip Winterburn.
Tom Fox is the Voice of Compliance and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.