Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. Welcome to the first Into the Weeds podcast of the new decade and the new year. In this Part 1 of a two-part podcast series, Matt Kelly and I take a look at ten issues that we think will be significant for the compliance professional in the upcoming year.
Some of the highlights include:
- A legislative fix to the Supreme Court’s Digital Realty Trust decision? Can Congress do anything, including overturning this anti-compliance ruling.
- The Fed will take a look at technological service providers? How this will impact compliance.
- Climate change disclosures. We use this topic to consider the impact on corporate governance, Boards and mandated disclosures.
- Disgorgement at the Supreme Court. Will the SCt allow fraudsters to keep their ill-gotten gains?
- Critical audit matters. Will companies move make controls more data based and less subjective?
Check in next week, where Matt and Tom continue the discussion.
Matt’s blog post 7 Compliance Items to Watch in 2020 in Radical Compliance.